By Premier Martial Arts, Fort Wayne, In
Top 10 Reason You Don’t Exercise, continued
- You want to exercise but you have to take care of your family. You don’t have to neglect your family to fit in exercise. Join a health club that has a daycare center or do a video while they nap. If they’re old enough, have them participate in your routine by lifting very small weights or counting your repetitions, or take them with you on your daily walk. Show your family what it means to be healthy by giving them a good role model. Contact Premier Martial Arts for martial arts school about family discounts; families that kick together, stick together! Martial Arts at a Premier Martial Arts school is a great way to stay fit!
- You can’t seem to stay motivated to continue working out. If you’re tired, have the swamp blood or stagnant feeling, stressed or bored with your workouts, it’s hard to keep going. To combat that, change your routine every 4 to 6 weeks by trying something new or changing your intensity or time. Remind yourself every day what your goals are and what you have to do to reach them. Reward yourself often (massages make great gifts). Premier Martial Arts Schools do this for you with exciting, dynamic and fun curriculums that will keep you coming back for more. It works!
- Exercise HURTS! You don’t have to hurt yourself to reap the benefits of exercise. When doing your cardiovascular exercise, make sure you’re in your target heart rate zone. You should be able to carry on a conversation, not huffing and puffing. When it comes to weight training, there should be effort involved since lean body tissue only grows when you challenge yourself. Using the heaviest weight you can handle for 12-16 reps will help you get the most out of your workouts. You should feel slight burning, but not teeth-gritting pain! Since martial arts is an individual sport, it is easy to gear for all fitness levels.
- You can’t make the commitment to stick to an exercise routine. When you look at exercise in the long term (i.e., that you have to exercise on a daily basis FOREVER), it can be overwhelming. However, you don’t have to change your life overnight. Start with small goals, such as to be more active every day by taking the stairs and moving around more. Decide you’ll get up 10 minutes early to walk or lift weights. Over time, you can increase your workout time and try new things. For now, just worry about making it a daily habit. Remember, keep it fun!. Premier Martial Arts schools have programs for those that want to train 1-2 times per week or those that would like unlimited classes. Visit Premier Martial Arts to learn more about martial arts programs so you can choose which one is right for you and your family.
- You don’t have time! Physically inactive people have just as much free time as exercisers, so you can chuck this excuse! Here’s how to get past a busy schedule:
- Schedule your exercise time.
- If you can’t find a full 30 minutes during your day, break it up into 10 or 15 minute segments.
- Get up a few minutes early and take a brisk walk, use 15 minutes of your lunch hour to walk the stairs and walk the dog or lift weights after work.
- Keep a calendar of your workouts to you can track your progress and stay motivated. Premier Martial Arts martial arts schools can help keep you on track as well. Their job is to keep you motivated.
- Remember that exercise generates energy–the more energy you have, the more you’ll get done each day.
Time is not an excuse, if we put more emphasis on doing something physically productive yet fun every day (little more down time from the TV) we could alter the time we have left in life.
Visit PMAFW.com for information on quality martial arts schools. Get started today!!
Please visit PMAFW.com for information about our martial arts schools closest to you in Fort Wayne!
Premier Martial Arts has been in business for more than 20 years, and since our founding in 1998 we have helped thousands of students of all ages realize their full potential. Premier Martial Arts delivers a best-in-class martial arts experience that helps our students develop the personal skills that are necessary to build a successful life. Our mastery of teaching martial arts over the past two decades is evident in our structured and thorough curriculum, which is standardized across our 100+ locations across the United States, Canada and England.
Our curriculum focuses on character development far beyond the importance of self-defense. We teach our young students how to respect their elders, how to be accountable, how to focus and how to stay in shape in a fun and exciting atmosphere. We empower our adult students with the self-confidence to overcome anxieties and trauma, in an environment that fosters inclusion and social belonging.
Premier Martial Arts Fort Wayne founded in 2015 by 6th Degree Black Belt and Master Instructor Ron Kuhn. Master Kuhn had a distinguished management & engineering career working for such companies as Verizon, NIPSCO, Frontier Communications and Mediacom. In 2019 he made the decision to operate his Martial Arts School fulltime which has always been his lifelong dream. That one location has grown to three in the City of Fort Wayne.
Master Ron Kuhn is married to his wife Anita (retired Special Needs Teacher) of 27 years. They have three wonderful daughters, Jordan, Ally and Katie. Jordan is a nurse who lives in Indianapolis. Ally has a computer science and business background and works with her dad at Premier Martial Arts. Katie is Chemical Engineering graduate and works in the pharmaceutical industry in Indianapolis.
Premier Martial Arts of Fort Wayne operates three locations:
North – 10240 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 (Coldwater & DuPont)
East – 10154 Maysville Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835 (Chapel Hill Area)
Southwest – 9906 Illinois Road Fort Wayne, IN 46804 (Scott & Illinois Road)
Also check us out on: